03 Jul I Was Injured While Riding in an Uber or Lyft ACCIDENT – NOW WHAT?
Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer Ryan Alexander Can Get You Maximum Compensation!
First, before anything you need to know an Uber or Lyft accident is not like any other accident. Those companies are required by law to have up to 1$million dollars in insurance coverage. So DO NOT LOSE MONEY! Make sure you get good information and the right attorney to help you that has YOUR best interest in mind.
If you go anywhere at all in Las Vegas you know how much we depend on rideshare companies. People throughout Nevada and millions of others use popular ridesharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, as a form of transportation. Being able to hail a ride and pay for it from your smartphone is not only easy, it’s convenient.
But what are you supposed to do if your Uber or Lyft gets into an accident and you’re injured?
We understand you probably have more questions than answers, and the car accident lawyers from our Las Vegas law firm is ready to help. Attorney Ryan Alexander knows how to establish who’s at fault in your Uber crash and can hold that person accountable.
Get the compensation you need and deserve to move on from your ridesharing accident. Contact us today for your free consultation.
WHO’S AT FAULT IN AN UBER ACCIDENT?
If you were injured in a Lyft or Uber accident, determining who’s legally responsible hinges on a few different things. What “period” your Uber or Lyft driver was in when the crash occurred is important. Additionally, whether or not you got hurt as a passenger in the car accident will impact whose insurance company you’ll have to deal with.
The different parties that may be held liable include:
- The Uber or Lyft driver LYFT AND UBER ACCIDENT LAWYER
- Uber or Lyft LYFT AND UBER ACCIDENT LAWYER
- Other drivers involved in the accident
IMPORTANT ISSUES TO BE AWAE OF
Insurance coverage differs, depending on what period the Uber or Lyft driver was in when the accident took place:
- Driver is not logged into the ridesharing app: If the driver injures another person in an accident while they’re not logged in, that creates an issue. Uber and Lyft provide no coverage, and the driver may be held legally responsible for damages.
- Driver is logged into the ridesharing app but has not yet accepted a ride request: In this case, Uber and Lyft offer coverage if their driver was responsible for injuring someone in a crash. That includes a per person bodily injury limit of $50,000, a per-accident limit of $100,000, and up to $25,000 for property damage liability. If another driver is at-fault, that driver’s insurance company may be responsible for coverage.
- Driver is logged into the ridesharing app and has accepted a ride request: What happens if the Uber or Lyft driver is on their way to pick up a passenger and injures someone in a crash? Both ridesharing companies have $1 million in coverage that can kick in for bodily injury and other damages suffered by the victim.
- Driver has accepted a ride request and has a passenger: Uber and Lyft provide liability coverage up to $1 million along with limited coverage for property damage and uninsured motorists.
Why Are Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Cases Complicated?
Ridesharing companies like Lyft and Uber have gone to great lengths to protect themselves from liability over the years. Because drivers were classified as independent contractors, Lyft and Uber have tried to disclaim responsibility. Unfortunately that happens even when their drivers cause accidents and hurt passengers or other motorists.
Ridesharing drivers were even previously told to make claims with their own auto insurers, despite the fact these policies don’t cover commercial use. Today, ridesharing companies do provide insurance policies offering substantial coverage in case of accidents. This does not, however, mean it is easy to obtain compensation and you will need to contact a car accident lawyer in Las Vegas.
It is important to have an attorney who understands how accident claims involving ridesharing vehicles work. That ensures you are pursuing a claim against the appropriate defendant. Additionally, to assist you in devising the right legal strategy to maximize the chances of obtaining full compensation for losses.
What Should I Do to Recover Compensation After a Rideshare Accident in Las Vegas?
Victims of motor vehicle accidents involving ridesharing companies in Las Vegas can file lawsuits in Clark County courts. In some circumstances, attorneys can file lawsuits in federal courts. The Small Claims Court presides over cases where less than $10,000 is at stake, and the Circuit Court presides over civil claims involving more than $15,000.
Las Vegas rideshare accident attorney Ryan Alexander will assist you in determining where your case should be heard and in making compelling arguments in court on your behalf to help you obtain full compensation. We can also work to negotiate an out-of-court settlement so you can be fairly compensated for losses without having to go to court at all. Speak with a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas right now for a free consultation: (702) 868-3311.
How Can a Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Attorney Help Me?
Being the victim of a rideshare accident in Las Vegas is stressful. Whether you were a passenger, a pedestrian or driver hit by a rideshare operator, things are going to get tough. You’re about to face a complex legal situation in addition to coping with your injuries.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Most Popular Posts
- Abogado Accidente Vegas – ¿Cuando puedo volver a tener un crédito si me declaré en bancarrota?
- “The Good Person Scholarship” – por Abogado Ryan Alexander Ganadores 2022
- “The Good Person Scholarship” – by Attorney Ryan Alexander 2022 winners!
- ¿Que hace un abogado de lesiones personales/accidentes de auto?
- 3 errores comunes que reducen la cantidad de dinero en un accidente automovilístico.
- ¿Cuando me pagarían si tengo un accidente?
- ¿Me pueden deportar si estuve en un accidente de tráfico?
- Sara Sadako Camacho- NUESTRA ESTRELLA NAVIDEÑA
- ESPERANZA Y AYUDA, SORTEO DE $10,000 DE SANTA SECRETO 2021
- Our Christmas Star – Sara Dj Sadako Camacho
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Ryan Alexander: Las Vegas Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorney
We understand that now more than ever you need some help moving forward. Our team can connect injured victims with specialists and qualified doctors across Nevada to meet their treatment needs.
Don’t delay in seeking an accurate diagnosis for your injury and consulting with our car accident lawyers about your legal rights. If you are suffering from pain due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve to be fully compensated for your suffering. That includes medical costs, and time lost from missing work.